Traditionally, Quicken belonged to the best personal finance tool for desktop users. But the Mac version lacked the features the PC version offers. Over the years, this software has tried to cut the gap between its 2 software versions. That was again the case with the latest iteration, Quicken for Mac. It still lags the Quicken for Windows experience. However, it is still powerful software that can meet your needs excellently. Here, we will look at the newest features.
Who Is Quicken?
This is a personal finance tool firm. This software used to be part of Intuit. In 2016, it was spun off from Intuit & was bought by H.I.G Capital. Eric Dunn is its CEO. He joined Intuit as an employee when he was 4 when Quicken was under the Intuit umbrella.
What Does Quicken Offer?
Quicken for Mac provides a product of personal finance software by the same name. This software is not only available for Mac but also for Windows. Here, we will focus only on the Mac version. Anyone who use it for Windows & tried it for Mac might come away from the experience disappointed. In fact, the experience has not changed much in the latest version for Mac.
The Mac version still trails the Windows version in features, versatility, intuitiveness, interface, and ease of use. When it comes to investment software, it falls a bit short, especially regarding its lack of auto cost-basis calculations.
The interface is another area people have complaints about. For example, its Home Screen makes this software a little bit hard to find things. There is no any ways or widgets to customize the Home screen.in addition, if you come from the Windows version, there is no a one-to-one transition where anything is the same in the Mac version. Some things will be familiar and others will not & require some searching to find.
What Is New in Quicken for Mac 2021?
Quicken for Mac is faster & more robust in each new version. It has not changed with the newest version. Becoming a subscription, you will get the latest updates automatically. Both Mac & Windows versions got these enhancements:
- More than 500 customer-requested improvements & fixes plus significantly increased reliability
- The most powerful connectivity to banks & brokerages of personal finance software; over 14,500 financial institutions & 11,000 online billers
For Mac users, these features were added at the early 2021:
- Manage your money with Quicken on the web anywhere
- Free Quicken Bill Pay & priority access to Quicken mobile phone support
- 5GB secure online backup with Dropbox for your Quicken files
- Refreshed overall look and feel of Bills and Income
- New enhanced Portfolio View
- Access to more than 1,000 online billers
- Backup is 4x faster compared to the last version
- Charts & graphs load 2x faster
- Up to 2x faster on start-up
What Does It Cost?
Quicken for Mac offers 3 options. Starter is best for basic budgeting and no investment. It costs 35.99 dollars/year. Deluxe is best for users with investments & loan tracking. It costs 51.99 dollars/year. Premiere is best for users who want BillPay/Premium Support.